Monday, February 1, 2016

Self Portraits

 With the start of a new year I have decided to start a new photography project. I debated on this project for a long time mostly because I knew it would be hard. I also didn't like the idea of starting this project nearly 7 months pregnant but after looking through last years photo album and realizing that I was only in a handful of pictures I have decided to go with it. 

My goal with this project is to capture everyday moments with a focus on emotional connections. I realize how quickly my kids are growing up and how quickly I am aging. Being a mother is what I have dreamed of doing my whole life and I am blessed to have 3 (soon to be 4) amazing kids. I am lucky to get to stay at home with my kids which has been an amazing blessing but has also been difficult at times. I want to document the emotion of motherhood...the sweet and tender moments when my heart stops to take a picture and my mind takes a quick note to never forget but I also want to document the hard moments when I am feeling so tired of the mundane. In the end I want this project to be 52 photos of Motherhood and what it means to me! 



No comments :

Post a Comment