Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June 2015

The month of June was full of amazing moments but also a difficult month full of uncertainty.

Their were so many amazing moments: watching my kids play with cousins knowing it would be the last time in awhile, spending time with grandparents, taking the kids to my favorite parks, having great talks with family and friends, seeing my brother Daniel after two years, being with my family in the celestial room of the temple and watching my brother Devin be sealed for time and all eternity to his sweetheart.

Their was also a lot of heartache, stress and uncertainty. Joe and I spent the month apart...Joe started his job in Michigan and tried to find a place for us to live. We found out a few days before Joe headed out to Michigan that our home fell through so we started the searching process over again, this time on our own without a realtor. I felt really unsettled not knowing where we would be moving and spent lots of time online trying to find the perfect home and on the phone asking questions and setting up appointments. We also had A LOT of drama with my brothers Vitaliy and Spencer which created additional uncertainty and heartache for my whole family. 

We started off the month spending a few days in Wyoming visiting Joe's brother Cory and their family. The kids LOVED playing with their cousins and I enjoyed talking with Katie. I felt so uncertain about so many things and being out in the country seemed to take away my worries and stresses. 

The kids loved catching crawdads and made a cute little aquarium to display their findings. 

They also loved playing with all the animals. 


We spent another couple weeks in Logan. The kids had fun swimming, going on scooter rides and being with family.  


We met up with my Aunt and Uncle and their kids in SLC and had fun walking around temple square, eating and playing at the children's museum. 


The kids loved playing with cousins, being with grandparents and eating popsicles!

We got to see my brother Daniel! He spent the past two years on an LDS mission in Russia. More pictures here.

Hannah turned 2! More pictures here.


We also got to be apart of my brother Devin's special day. We love his new wife Jeni!! More on the wedding day here.

We shipped our van to Michigan.

The kids and I flew from SLC to Detroit! 





Joe picked us up at the airport! Seeing Joe at the bottom of the escalator after spending a month apart bought me so much joy. As our flight left Utah and we headed to Michigan I felt overwhelmed and lost but seeing Joe again made me feel like I was home and I knew that no matter how many wrong turns I took, how many times I got lost, homesick or just missed the familiarity of our old life that we would be fine as long as we were together. 

No comments :

Post a Comment