Monday, January 5, 2015

New Years Resolutions and Thoughts



The new year is a time of reflection and drive for change and improvement for me. This year I have spent a lot of time reflecting on the past years and anticipating this upcoming year and after it all I just feel overwhelmed. Overwhelmed for the many blessings that I have but also overwhelmed with all of my goals and desires. I want so badly to be more, to do more with the time I have been give but the truth is most days I feel like I am just treading water and not really getting anywhere. My goals for this year are very simple.

Because of my desire to simplify I have decided to choose a word to live by for each year. The word I have decided on for this year is "Moments."

My main goal for this year is to try harder to live for the moments, to remember moments and record moments. As a mommy to 3 very energetic kids I am tired and often times start to feel burdened by daily tasks, it is the small moments that keep my going.

I tend to be a perfectionist and sometimes don't do something at all if I feel like I can't do it super well.  I forget to stop what I am doing and enjoy the moments, I find myself missing out on special moments because I want my house to be perfectly clean, I want my kids to be/act a certain way or I just feel like I need more time to perfect it. This year I am going to try to let some of that perfectionism go so that I can more fully enjoy the moments!

As part of this years goal I also want to look for moments to teach my kids on a more regular basis; to teach them about the gospel, how to cook, how to tell time, tie their shoes and lots of other concepts. I am one that tends to forget to do this if I don't have it mapped out on a calender but this year I am going to focus on looking for moments to teach my children.

Over the past few years I have found that one of my favorite hobbies is photography, it is something that really makes me happy and helps me slow down and recognize "the moments." Last year I completed project 365 (I took a picture a day every day for a year). This year I plan to do Project 52 (take a picture once a week for a year). I started a photography business which I am really excited about and I know it will keep me busy so my goal with Project 52 is to keep my passion alive with photography and to keep catching moments with my family.

1 comment :